Published on: 13 Dec 2016
Why is it that your boiler decides to go on the blink just in time for Christmas or during the coldest spell of the year? After many Service families had issues with boiler repairs last winter, here’s what you should do and what you can expect from CarillionAmey (CA) should your heating break down. Better to be fore-armed…!
- Call the CA helpdesk free on 0800 707 6000 and tell them as accurately as you can what the problem is and what type of boiler you have.
- The helpdesk may ask you to try a few simple things to see if you can resolve the issue yourself – see Troubleshooting
- If this fails they will raise a critical response. This means a contractor will arrive within three hours.
- If they need a part or a new boiler then they’ll make sure that your immersion heater is working.
- Within 12 hours, they’ll have dropped off some temporary heaters.
- If the contractor can’t get your immersion heater to work and you have no hot water, they’ll arrange a hotel or alternative accommodation for you.
- So long as you have heaters and hot water, CA will arrange for a new appointment to be made within five working days to fully repair the boiler.
Looking after your home
Damp and mould is a particular problem at this time of the year. The main causes are condensation, rising damp and penetrating damp. Each needs to be treated in a different way so it’s important to understand what’s causing the problem first. Again CA can help – see the Damp and mould action plan.
An emergency is when you or your family are at risk of injury or there is a potential for the property to be significantly damaged, for example, by fire, water or gas leak. Take a look at the Emergencies page here so you know what to do.
Whether it’s an emergency or a routine call, CA has service levels which they strive to meet in dealing with your housing issues. You can complain or leave a compliment to help them improve their service.
Service Family Accommodation
Damp and condensation solutions (Energy Saving Trust)
Back to news
Boiler replacement (Energy Saving Trust )
Gas emergency (National Grid) – Call 0800 111 999
Electricity emergency (National Grid) – Call 0800 40 40
Power cut (National Grid) – Call 105